Monday, September 12, 2005

Our Refrigerator - Size 21.6

I don't know why I expected it to be easy, I guess I was just being positive and hopeful (I won't let that happen again). But let me start at the beginning.

A few weeks ago I started canvassing for new kitchen appliances (dishwasher, refrigerator and range), and this meant harassing salespeople at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. The Home Depot man sold me on LG appliances. We already have their cell phone and a combination microwave/toaster and we love them both. When he showed me the features of the LG dishwasher and refrigerator with their energy efficiency, quietness and brilliant design I was sold, sold, sold.

In yesterday's Sunday circular, Home Depot is running a deal on appliances. Our kitchen is our next phase, so I thought I'd start getting the measuring and such ready. That's when I opened the refrigerator door to discover that we have a 21.6 c.f. refrigerator. "What the heck?" (or something along those lines) started to go through my head. I ran over to my computer and sure enough this is an ancient size. They don't make refrigerators at this size anymore. Sigh.

Then I discovered that the cubic feet have nothing to do with the dimensions. But, the dimensions of the new refrigerator might fit...barely. I mean like we might have a millimeter too much or too little. This isn't good. So the debate goes on...

Question: Is anything on a house ever easy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home