Friday, September 09, 2005

The Grand Canyon of the Bed

We finally received our mattress on Wednesday. We must have been the first delivery of the day, because our mattress practically fell out of the truck when they opened the door. 7:30 am and in they came, removing the plastic cover and depositing it on the bed. The TOO big bed frame!

You heard me. The frame is too big for the mattress. I called my cousin Nicki who has a new bed to see if this was normal and apparently it is. I'm wondering if it's normal to have such a big gap as we have. Personally I think we have the Grand Canyon of gaps. So I've been stuffing normal sized pillows in there, which I've been buying like crazy at Target ($5!) and Ikea ($6!). I say 'normal-sized pillows', because Kevin can't stand 'decorative pillows' they must be usable pillows.

Despite the grand canyon at the top of our bed, Kevin's been sleeping great. As to me, well the bed's a little firmer than I thought it would be. I didn't sleep well the first night and the second night I had a nightmare that I was being attacked by the Foosa from "Madagascar." Don't ask, I have no idea what that means.

Cryptic Message: To all of you who are wondering if the photo has more evidence of you know what, you're right, it does.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

by decorative pillows do you mean yams?

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the road chix team think they are going to win this week?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home