Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Dresser Debacle

There's always a lesson to be learned from this house and Friday's lesson was to "Call Ahead." The Storehouse Outlet in Baltimore, which is an hour away from us, has been keeping an eye out for a matching dresser to go with our bed frame. Emma, my awesome salesclerk, called me Friday afternoon with great news. The bed was nearly 40% off and had no scratches, chips, just a little ding.

Unfortunately, you cannot put items on hold at the Storehouse unless you pay for them. I didn't want to spend that much money without seeing the item, so I told her I would be there that night or first thing in the morning.

I called Kevin and used a crowbar approach to get him to come home early from work with the 4Runner so we could go get the dresser. After rushing there we arrived about five hours after her call and it was sold. I should have listened to Kevin who said we should call before we leave. And I should have rushed right over and bought it. Lesson learned and it was a hard lesson, because no new dresser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home