Thursday, September 15, 2005

Mr. Handyman

Mr. Handyman was here yesterday. Actually his name is Neil and he works for Mr. Handyman, a general repair business. They fix everything, he even handed me a sheet of the dozens and dozens of things they will repair, replace and install. I guess he doesn't know about my Dad who is my own personal Mr. Handyman for inside the house.

Anyway, Neil was here to fix the rotting wood outside of our house. A lot of the trim on the house was starting to rot where the joints meet. I went outside to check everything out at 6:45 am and there was Neil surveying away, 15 minutes early. He is a character. I talked to him for about 30 minutes and we fleshed out all of the issues and rotted wood. Then his coworker, Mark, came over - he happens to be our neighbor and lives about 3 minutes away. Convenient.

Together Neil and Mark took down the gutters and then Neil worked away all day by himself. He had 20, 32, and 40 foot ladders all over the back of the house. I would see him scale one, only to see him coming down another one a few minutes later. He had no fear and he was good. He did amazing work. He replaced the rotted wood with PVC and (this is a direct quote from me to him) "You do some damn fine work." Needless to say he was pleased.

I already asked if we could request him the next time we need work done and he lit up like a lightbulb. I think we have ourselves a fearless handyman for the dangerously high outside work. Hooray!

1 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Mr Hadyman know u posted his pic. I'll have to call Kevin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home