Sunday, September 18, 2005

Hanging Ledges

Everyone says that you buy your first place to 'learn' how to fix things and we are definitely no exception. I had a long list of things to hang, replace and fix this weekend in 3 of our 4 bathrooms. I thought I had carefully calculated that it would take us 3 times longer than anticipated to do everything, so I figured I had a practical list for our alloted time.

I didn't anticipate the disaster that would be our attempt to hang the first ledge in the guest bathroom. I ended up with no ledge and two giant holes to spackle, sand and paint, which I'm still not done with.

Fortunately, Project 2, which was hanging cubes in the master bathroom went a little bit smoother. I had arranged sheets of paper on the wall the same size as the cubes in the arrnagement I wanted them (something Kevin had read about to help you visualize the layout). That was fine, except that after we had placed the first cube (the one on the bottom left in this photo), we discovered that hanging a cube below this would not allow someone in the Jacuzzi tub to put their head back. After moving the cube around the bathroom, we came up with the idea of hanging it sideways. We are brilliant!

Kevin managed to not hit any of the wires in the wall either, which is a miracle, because all of the switches for the bathroom are on the other side of this wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home