Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Place to Lay Our Weary Heads

After searching all over Frederick and Leesburg, I think I finally found a bed and dresser that will work for us. We found it of all places at the Room Store. Yes, for anyone who lives in this area you're hearing the jingle in your head: "We put it all together to save you more at the Roomstore!"

There isn't one in Frederick, so that's one of the reasons I didn't discover this sooner. My friend, Meredith from D.C., brave soul that she is, agreed to go to Leesburg Outlets with me yesterday and go in ALL of the furniture outlets. There are a lot: Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, Storehouse and the Furniture Company. Would you believe we struck out at all of those? Nothing. Too ornate, heavy and and the finishes were too light for Kevin and me.

Thankfully Meredith wanted to stop at Tuesday Morning, which happened to be right next to the Roomstore and voila. I'm now saving us $1400 based on the other set we liked from the Storehouse. I wonder if I can convince Kevin that since I saved $1400 on the bedroom furniture that I should be able to spend that amount on the kitchen appliances...

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin told me that he is going to use the money that you saved to join some more fantasy football leagues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home