Sunday, August 07, 2005

Something Fowl This Way Comes

Yesterday was a blessed day for me and the house. The house had been hiding a dirty little secret that only I knew about. I kept telling people, but no one believed me. I felt like one of the children in "Lemony Snickets."

Kevin and my Dad started their day by replacing the sink, faucet and garbage disposer. After everything was working smoothly, they moved on to the light in the master bathroom. This light has been has been a major such a source of a seriously foul odor for me. It has also been a source of a fine brown dust ever since I took the cover off to paint the ceiling.

As they started to take out the metal light shell, Kevin saw more dust floating down. My Dad told him that it was probably a 1,000 dead wasps.

Kevin countered, "If something live comes flying out of there I'm out of here!"

Kevin continued to pull the metal light shell out and brown dirt came raining down. That's when he noticed the feathers. With brown dust filtering out of the hole Kevin said, "These aren't wasps!"

My Dad offered up: "No, those aren't wasps, its bird crap!"

Apparently a bird had been living next to the light to have it's own little Birdy Tanning Parlor. The bird do-do was piled 6 inches deep around the light and the bird (yes, it wa sdead and rotting). And hence the source of the smell.

My sniffer is never wrong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home