Monday, August 01, 2005

My Grouting Superheroes

It's been a whole weekend since my last entry, so as usual a lot has happened. Let's start with the carpet. Ever since the cat fiasco we've been without carpet and working fervishly to paint everything in preparation for carpet installation on the upstairs level. Little did we know when we picked out the carpet that it was "Special Order" and it would take 3 weeks until it could be installed.

We ordered through Lowe's and that actually worked out for us, as these remodeling projects take us three times longer than we think. We received a call on Wednesday night from the wife of the sub-contractor who would be installing our carpet. We happened to be at a concert and she told us that they wouldn't be available for calls on Thursday and Friday. I was a little aggravated as they called close to 8 pm and we weren't able to call them back that night.

I called on Saturday hoping to set-up an appointment. To realize how numb Kevin is to the cyclone that is the house this is what he heard from my end of the conversation "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that...I hope he's better. Oh jeez, well, thank you, yes." I hung-up the phone and Kevin didn't even cock a brow.

Turns out the sub-contractor went in for some normal heart tests on Thursday and had to have triple by-pass surgery. Lowe's needs to find us a new sub-contractor and no they haven't called back yet!

We accomplished a lot this weekend. After many weeks of whining, sweating, stretching myself to my limits (on my toes on the top of a ladder), complaining and throwing my hands-up, we finally finished painting ALL of the Master bedroom, my office, the guest room and the hallway. This is a major victory for me. The photo you see above features my fantastic painting techniques on our highest ladder in the stairwell. I must say the house has done one good thing for me, I no longer seem to have as many problems with heights!

And finally, my grouting superheroes. My Dad and Kevin began to regrout the disaster of a master bathroom. After many weeks of repair and retiling they finished the shower and it looks FANTASTIC. My mom keeps saying that it looks like new. We couldn't have asked for a cleaner, better looking shower. Thanks Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home