Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Frying Pan Room

The title of this entry refers to our master bathroom, which has a lovely, hot magnifying glass, also know as a skylight. If you've been following along, you know that we have had endless problems with our master bathroom. Yesterday posed no exception to this.

After finishing the guest bathroom painting (everything except for the cabinets!) I moved on to start the edging of the ceiling in the master bathroom. This room has cathedral ceilings, a shower stall, a jacuzzi tub, a toilet and a huge vanity. All of this sounds very nice and luxurious, but try maneuvering a ladder around this room!

I was doing fairly well and I had managed to edge the whole room, but then it was time to tape the skylight. I now refer to the skylight as the portal to Hades. Stepping up the ladder and sticking my head in this space was the next best thing to diving into the sun. There was a 20 degree difference up there and the sweat was boring off of me in rivers. I had to squint to make out the edges as the sun was beating down directly on the window. Perched precariously on my tiptoes, I somehow managed to edge most of the cavity on which the window rests.

Of course, I have to say that even with the heat, sweat and blinding sunlight, it was still better than sitting in an office all day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home