Tuesday, August 02, 2005

That Bathroom Again

Yesterday was my first day at home and I must say that it was Great! I was able to paint the guest bathroom twice and it's looking good. I had a few problems with the semi-gloss paint that you're supposed to use in bathrooms. (Semi-gloss is shinier and allows you to wipe down the walls without staining-see how much I've learned!) When I pulled the painters tape off, the paint rolled away almost like tape. The semi-gloss is much more 'rubbery' than the eggshell that I've used in the other rooms.

I solved that problem this morning by retaping, painting and immediately pulling the tape off. Now the edging is done around the ceiling. I also managed to tape off the trim and paint both the trim and the door with a first coat. I also took off all of the hardware and washed it. I am a machine! Of course, it doesn't hurt that the bathroom is small and only has one small door!

And finally, I was able to secure my first freelance job yesterday. So I have work to do on the house and work to do on my computer. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home