Monday, August 08, 2005

Money, Money, Money

On Saturday while my Dad and Kevin slaved away on the sink and the bird crap, my mom and I went to almost every furniture store in Frederick to try to find a bed frame. Let me explain.

I was going to just buy a mattress and box spring for our master bedroom. Then I was going to move our bed and furniture into the guest room, so that we have a place for my parents to stay overnight. But when I started looking online I discovered that not every bed frame needed a box spring. So, in order to get a mattress and/or box spring, I needed to pick a bed frame.

We met with no success on Saturday. Who knew finding something simple would be so difficult. Yesterday I ventured around Gaithersburg in search and wouldn't you know it, I found something at the Storehouse. I didn't know it at the time, because I don't know anything about furniture, but the Storehouse is expensive, rivaling Ethan Allen expensive. I fell in love with a bedroom suite that was 2 1/2 times what we wanted to spend. I found another one in the store that I could live with that was half of the price. But when I showed the choices to Kevin would you believe he picked the most expensive?

Last night I started using the electric sander to remove the finish on the guest bathroom cabinet. Is that thing ever loud, but it's quick. Five minutes and it takes the finish off completely. See the photo above for an exciting action shot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home