Thursday, June 07, 2007

Puppy School Graduate

Holly has officially graduated from "Puppy Training." I don't know how much this really means. As usual she was the worst dog in the class. She wanted to sniff, eat, bark at and create general havoc. She had to do one lousy trick to graduate and would you believe she went into the center of the ring and wouldn't even look at me? Too many sights, sounds, people, dogs and treat crumbs for her to take in.

Did I mention that Kevin, who hasn't missed a class, had to work last night? That left me on my own with the little misfit. I spent 5 minutes in center ring trying to get her to do her very uneventful "Up!" This is simply her standing on her hindlegs to get to the treat. Some trick. She'll jump if you hold anything over her head, she's so curious.

To top off the evening, about halfway through class she decides she is so "over cheese" as a treat. Since I had absolutely no other treats the rest of class became a test of wills with me either gently coaxing her or whispering fiercely in her ear.

Maybe having a house full of females with one workaholic man wasn't my best idea ever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home