Monday, September 04, 2006

The Bocce Victory

My cousin Nicki and her husband Will brought along a game yesterday to my parents' cookout...bocce. So simple, so easy, so challenging that it brings all of your competitive juices to the forefront. With four teams and 8 colored balls, you toss a small white ball and each team tries to get their colored balls as close as possible. Plus, this wasn't an ordinary bocce set, they glowed and blinked. So the darker it got, the more fun they became.

Team Green (Kristy and Kevin) lagged behind at first as they developed their skill set. Team Yellow (My brother Terry and my Mom) took an early lead, largely due in part to their superior "skeeball" skills. Team Red (My Great Aunt Annabel and Great Uncle Donald) entered the tournament late and probably would have won if they had started on time. And finally Team Blue (Nicki and Will) lagged behind by a point throughout.

The goal was to reach 7 and with clear-eyed determination, Team Green strode ahead to take the Bocce Tournament. Ah sweet, sweet victory. This assuaged all of my torment from playing Blokus earlier in the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home