Monday, September 18, 2006

Alpha Dog

Ever since Kevin and I met we've been trying desperately to win the title of "Alpha Dog" in this relationship. I know marriage is a partnership and I'm all about that. But I am just so darned competitive. (As if you haven't guessed this based from the entry entitled "Block This!")

This weekend's outing brought this all to the forefront. I really think I was a hunting dog in a past life, but I digress. I convinced Kevin to go to the local corn maze on Saturday, because we both finally had off on the same day and I've been wanting to go to a corn maze for years.

After being fleeced of our $9 a piece, (Yes, $9 to walk around in a field of corn...) the boys running the stand gave Kevin a stick to raise in case we got lost. I wanted to say, "Excuse me. Me? Get lost? Do you know who I am? I'm a Roadchick! We do not get lost, we just sometimes take detours on the road to adventure!" But instead I meekly let Kevin take the stick. Then I tramped over through the grass to the corn maze.

What followed was Kevin traipsing after me as I plowed through the corn maze following my carefully laid out plan of always following the wall to my right (it works, you'll really get out!) At one point Kevin pointed out that I was leading the whole time and taking control, so I let him lead for about 10 steps and then I jumped in front again.

What followed was the quickest $9 I have ever spent as I sped through the corn maze and exited. What can I say? I want to be the Alpha Dog!

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Blogger Steve said...

You? Alpha Dog?

I'm shocked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home