Saturday, June 09, 2007

Husband's Best Friend

My mom told me before we brought a puppy into our home that dogs tend to favor the man. I thought this was ridiculous. Our puppy wouldn't favor one person. It would love us both equally, well, maybe she would love me a little more. I would feed her, groom her and treat her like a princess. I would play with her and she would reciprocate all of the love I poured on to her.

I was wrong. Holly loves Kevin more, a lot more. I would say the duties are split evenly between the two of us. Kevin wakes up and takes her out first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening. But then he gets ready for work and I take her downstairs to prepare breakfasts and lunches and feed her. I spend the morning with her and come home at lunch. I'm with her when I come home from work and we play and cuddle.

But then at night when Kevin comes home, the love just shines out of her little feet. She follows him everywhere and is completely bereft if he goes outside to do anything. She waits at the door for him to come back and makes this mournful little barks and howls. She is indeed Daddy's Little Princess.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home