Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Domestic Bliss

With my brother's surprise party accomplished, Kevin and I were able to settle in on Sunday for some well-deserved rest and relaxation. Being of Pennsylvania Dutch heritage, 'rest' and 'relaxation' were words that were never uttered by my family growing up. Sitting still and watching TV or reading a book are still to this day followed by recriminations that "I should be doing something." But not just any old Something - "Something Constructive."

Kevin and I constantly compete on how well we know the other person. And this weekend I think he won. He knows all about my PA Heritage and my guilt when a weekend ends without me being able to point to something and say, "Yes, we watched 'She's All That' on TV for the tenth time, sat around and read the newspaper, and spent way too much time playing with our computers, but look at what we did!"

As long as I can point to the "Look what we did!" Kevin knows he's in the clear. So, Look what we did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home