Monday, August 15, 2005

Replace Bathroom Floor - CHECK!

For everyone who was holding their breath in anticipation of funny bathroom stories, I have one or two to share. Kevin stuck to his job of demolition man, which isn't always as glamorous as it sounds. After finishing the scraping, tearing up the pieces with his fingernails and hauling out the old vinyl tiles, I think Kevin had relegated himself to peeling the paper off the back of the new tiles for my Dad. I know he knew that the toilet had to be replaced, but I don't think he knew what was involved.

My Dad laid the sticky tiles right over the old sticky floor and it is gorgeous. Kevin and my Dad moved right along on this and it took no time at all. Then came the toilet replacement. Not as easy as it sounds. I had bought a wax ring replacement for the bottom, but replacing this required scraping off the nasty old one, a task that fell to Kevin. He was a good sport about it as always, but there was a good bit of shuttering and "Eeeewww" as he did it. I wish I could have gotten a good photo of this, but alas, this one will have to do.

I wonder if he knows that I want to replace the floor in the basement bathroom? Maybe I'll just let him revel in this weekend's accomplishment before I tell him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home