Monday, July 25, 2005

'Havana Cream' Anyone?

Who would have thought picking a color for our guest bathroom would have been so difficult (and generated so many blog entries!) We had decided on 'Pismo Dunes' for the bathroom. (My friend Todd told me that this actually refers to a park in California, so Pismo doesn't sound quite so bad anymore.)

But wouldn't you know it, the more I look at 'Pismo Dunes,' the more I think it's too bright. Kevin purports to love 'Pismo Dunes' and I still cannot figure out why. It's much brighter and oranger than 'Sweet Corn' and he has repeatedly told me that he doesn't want yellow walls in any form in the house. Men are still a mystery to me!

I'm thinking of going one shade lighter than 'Pismo Dunes' to 'Havana Cream.' Just the change in names makes me feel better (even if Pismo is a park in California!) Havana reminds me of tropical nights and sultry Caribbean lifestyles. I figure if my imagination can get all of that out of one $11 can of paint in such a tiny room, just think what a whole library painted the color of 'Falling Leaves' will do for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home