Friday, July 22, 2005

It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol'

Since the "Sweet Corn" (a.k.a. light yellow) color was rejected for the bathroom, I've been switching color chips around, hiding their names and constantly quizzing Kevin on which one he likes. Kevin would tell you this is a uselss exercise as I always go with the one I like anyway, but that's not true. He picked the 'Harvest Brown' (a.k.a. light brown) for the bedroom and it's been a huge hit.

I'm really tickled by the names of some of these colors and part of liking the color is liking the name that comes with it. There's nothing like showing someone your newly painted room and responding to their "I really like this blue" by saying, "Thank you and actually, it's called Misty Surf." It makes your room sound so sleek and exotic, when really it's just a light blue.

Last night we added a few more yellows to the mix for the bathroom including 'Applesauce', 'Honeybutter' and 'Pismo Dunes.' Kevin has picked 'Pismo Dunes' and while I do think it's our best bet, I cringe when I picture myself telling visitors, "Actually it's called Pismo Dunes."

To make matters worse, Kevin's taken to calling is 'Bismol Dunes' (yes as in Pepto Bismol), which makes the color sound like a really disgusting runny pink if you ask me.

Sigh, I think 'Pismo Dunes' is our next try, so I may just have to learn to like the name. Then again, maybe it'll be too orange. One can always hope. 'Applesauce' here we come!

4 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, Kevin & Kristy's First Home. I found is from my search for . In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol' lead me here but match is not exact for It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol', the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! What a great site you have here, Kevin & Kristy's First Home. I found is from my search for blue green algae. In my opinion., is a cut above the others. Even though my research regarding It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol' lead me here but match is not exact for It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol', the content is very beneficial and rewarding. Thank you for reading my comment here.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, Kevin & Kristy's First Home, was the results of the stem cell enhancer search for information regarding the subject It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol'. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the stem cell enhancer project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

 
At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, Kevin & Kristy's First Home, was the results of the adult stem cells search for information regarding the subject It's 'Pismo' Not 'Bismol'. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the adult stem cells project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home