Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

I thought I was so brilliant. A remote controlled smoke detector! No more flapping of towels in front of the smoke detector as the puffs of smoke from my burnt dinners billowed out in to the living room. I would just have to hit the TV remote and turn it off!

Well, not exactly.

We installed the smoke detector and were watching TV when a commercial struck. I switched the channel and "beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!"

Kevin leaped up and starting running around the room yelling "Turn it off!" Kevin has a long and ruthless history with smoke detectors. The sound is like nails on a chalkboard to him and he immediately starts screaming at it.

Fortunately for us I had read the instructions and I knew what button to hit to turn the alarm off. I had also read that we probably had our TV too close to the smoke detector and we would most likely be setting it off or "testing" the alarm frequently as the instructions put it.

Needless to say this smoke detector has joined the leagues of the other detectors - on the floor in a pile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home