Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Bookshelves

The bookshelves have long been a source of pleasure and a bit of dread for me. The pleasure comes from the idea of having built-in bookshelves, its a dream of mine. I love books, I have hundreds probably thousands of books, so to me built-in bookshelves are the best.

Then there's the dread. The bookshelves aren't of the best quality. It's surely not what I imagined, with their shiny gold tracts on the sides for adjustable shelves with some soft wood-derivative framing them that is dented and warped. Painting over this with a modern backsplash of color and a white frame helped. But now comes the real dread. I KNOW we have too many books. They're not all going to fit and Kevin is going to want to toss whatever doesn't fit on there.

As you can see these boxes contain our books, well some of them. I think I have another hundred or two or three residing at my parents house that they are eagerly anticipating the exodus of. I've been procrastinating on sorting the books to put them on the shelves, but I can procrastinate no longer. I must get started and I will do just that...tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home