Wednesday, November 30, 2005

And the Dead Birds Keep Coming

To My Cousin Nicki - You may not want to read this one...

I put this disclaimer at the top, because Nicki hates birds, especially dead ones and well, we have another one. As the title says they just keep on coming.

I started cleaning out behind the washing machine and dryer last weekend in the interest of doing things 'right'. As opposed to doing things wrong, which would have meant that I just applied fresh white paint over the scrapes and marks from the previous owner, but left the linty hardened goop on the floor, because who really sees behind the washing machine anyway, right?

Too many Pennsylvania Dutch genes is the only reason I can describe for my desire to clean up this gag-worthy glop. As I was behind the machines sweating, gagging in my mouth and scrubbing, I knocked the dryer vent off of the wall. My first thought was "Oh boy I thought I hope this dumb thing reattaches easily." Quickly followed by "Oh sh**, more crap fell out of that stupid tube."

That's when I had the great idea of reaching in (I had on rubber gloves, don't worry) and pulling out the globs of lint. As I opened my purple gloved hand, I saw something black and feathery. Before my brain had time to register this thought I was screaming, "Mom! Dead bird! Get me a paper towel and the camera!" Yes, everything in this house is a photo op. Even the dead birds. So for your viewing pleasure...the dead bird from our dryer vent.

No birds were harmed in the making of this blog, they were already dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home