Thursday, November 17, 2005

The Plumber

I really wanted to call this posting "The Butt Crack", but I can just see my parents cringing in shame and my church friends banning me from playing handbells ever again, so I refrained. But that doesn't mean I won't talk about it.

Yesterday a plumber came and installed our range, our hood and our dishwasher. To my amazement he bent over to work on something and I was flashed by yes, his butt-crack. I couldn't believe it. I really wanted a photo for this blog to prove to everyone that this is not a stereotype or an urban myth, the Plumber's Butt-Crack jokes are all based on TRUTH! I am happy to say he has an assistant, a plumber in-training, who was sans-butt-crack. I figure it's something you earn the right to expose.

Since I've already taken up most of my space writing about butt cracks, I'll give you the bare bones of their 2 1/2 hour job here. They cut three holes in the wall, that my Dad advised me to have them repatch with caulk (check!), they had to run new wiring from the electrical socket to power the hood (check!), they were one leg short on the dishwasher and had to shim it up (check!) and they asked me if I wanted to clean the cat furballs out from under the stove (check!). Really all in all a very successful day.

Photos to come soon, I'm currently painting the wall behind the stove and the stove is covered in tarps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home