Thursday, September 22, 2005

I Was So There

This time when I received the call from the Storehouse Outlet I sprang into action. I happened to be outside chopping down a bush when Emma, my sales person, called with the good news. They had my dresser in and it was in good shape. I called her back and told her I'd be leaving in 15 minutes. In 15 minutes I called her and told her I was leaving and it would take me an hour to get there (i.e. Please don't sell it!)

I rushed to Baltimore to find my beautiful new dresser with just a small, insignificant nick and all ready for me to purchase. Kevin was not reachable by phone, so I made an executive decision. We're buying it. Hooray! Our bedroom suite is now complete at least for now (but don't tell Kevin I said that - he thinks we're done.)

I dragged Kevin back to the store and we picked up our new prize. When we arrived home we just had to bring it inside. Easier said than done. This involved me screaming at Kevin that he was trying to knock me down and he playing the more dignified role of being "the calm one" as he put it. We barely got it inside, as it weighs more than Jared before the subway diet. Fortunately my brother is coming by on Sunday...

2 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that film on the dresser. Are you sure you got a good deal?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Kevin & Kristy's First Home said...

That would be the wrapping that it came in to protect the finish. It's like plastic wrap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home