Thursday, August 18, 2005

The Hanging of the Doors

Yesterday my friend Meredith came over to help me with various house projects, one of which was re-hanging the 10 doors from the upstairs. The painting itself was a nightmare that I'm still vividly reliving even though it's been a month. We used "Liquid Sandpaper" to prime the doors but they still took 3 coats of paint. And the brush strokes and places that didn't receive exactly 3 coats are showing themselves like rugby injuries.

I figured re-hanging the doors wouldn't be as easy as everyone said. It would probably rank up there with painting the doors and I was right (hold on I have to pat myself on the back for being right...) Meredith was beyond a great sport and she did the hard part of lifting, heaving, jiggling and basically jamming the doors back into place. I assumed my managerial position and called out "A little to the left, no right, no back!" as I hammered the screws back into place.

We actually improved after a while and our door hanging went from 20 minutes of me cursing and Meredith laughing to about 8 minutes a door. (Yes, this still beats working in an office.)

Kudos to Meredith for her good attitude that I'm sure Kevin hopes will rub off on me.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Daily Show: August 17, 2005
Tonight's episode starts with the ongoing coverage of the courts. The first Justice Sunday was a 90-minute broadcast set on ending the filibuster against people of faith.
I am just surfing blogs... and find myself here on yours. I might come back to see what now posts are made, and if you want, you could come and see my Cat Furniture site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home