Sunday, November 13, 2005

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Today is Kevin's birthday and for his birthday we're doing what we normally do...yes, working on the house. Today's new toy that Kevin found at Home Depot is a 'Pin Extractor.' I cannot praise Kevin enough for finding this new tool.

Let me start at the beginning. Yesterday, Kevin ripped out most of the kitchen floor, which consisted of linoleum on a plywood backing. This backing was 'stapled' with cotter pins to the floor. There are pins every 4" at least. Meaning that there are a heck of a lot of pins. After using needlenose pliers yesterday for an hour and half and only having pulled out about 100 pins (and there are thousands), I was sorely disappointed.

Not to mention (and please stop cringing my handbell friends) but I have two huge blisters which will make ringing hard.

Kevin found the pin extractor today, which takes a fifth of the time and spares your hand. We timed him this morning at 19 cotter pins per minute. Do you think there's any chance I can enter him in a race? Hooray for Kevin. And Happy Birthday too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home