Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I've Been Working on the Railroad

After a fruitless search for a battery for the front buzzer, I broke down and bought a whole new swanky doorbell kit. Yes, the one that was so prominently featured on the site a few weeks ago.

I was a little fearful of a number of things. Would I have to add molly bolts to get this thing to stay on the wall? Would the new buzzer, which was wider, fit outside in the small space between the door and bricks? Would all of the tunes be super-cheesy?

The answers are no, yes and definitely cheesy. I wanted to set the chime to something appropriately cheesy to harass Kevin. So now, when the buzzer is pressed, "I've Been Working on the Railroad" happily chimes throughout the house. I think I'll hit it a few times on my way in from handbells tonight just to watch Kevin's hair stand on end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home