Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sitting Around Eating Bon Bons

The title is what I wish I was doing right now. Alas, I have the unglamorous job of cleaning up the kitchen/dining room/solarium today. This usually occurs when we're moving things into or out of a room. I spend an unusually long amount of time, vacuuming plywood floors that insist on shedding their fibers, washing paint covered linoleum and degerming every surface that the drop cloths touched.

Yes, it seems a bit ridiculous considering that we will be ripping out the linoleum floors soon and no one will ever see the plywood once the bamboo is laid. But the dirt, oh the dirt. It loves to stick to your shoes and travel around the house. So I clean and bleach counter tops and scrape off paint. This photo is an example of how' unclean' my 'cleaned' floors really do look.

Oh, and the move is occurring to free up the living room to bring in the bamboo. The bamboo needs to be unwrapped and allowed to 'adjust' to the room for at least a week prior to installation. And Kevin thought I was high maintenance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home