Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bamboo It Is

Everyone should know by now, but in case you didn't, we are installing bamboo on the first floor of the house.

My main reason for becoming interested in bamboo was after I learned that it is a sustainable resource. Bamboo matures in 5-6 years and can then be made into a laminate flooring. Bamboo is a great alternative to chopping down old growth forests.

It is also recyclable, so if the next owners don't want it they can recycle it. But of course, it is beautiful, unusual and exotic (see photo), so I can't imagine why anyone would want to replace it!

My Dad, master bargain hunter for home improvement stores (not to be confused with my Mom, the queen master bargain hunter of all), found a great deal on bamboo at Lowe's. We're getting it for little more than $3/square foot. I ordered it yesterday and I am absolutely convinced that it will provide endless weeks of fodder for this blog.

Stay tuned for exciting tales from the bamboo house.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the look of the bamboo! What color are you going to stain it?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Kevin & Kristy's First Home said...

This is the color. It comes stained!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home